Bill Cosby has dodged potential charges of sexual molestation filed against him by alleged victim Judy Huth after the Los Angeles County District Attorney ruled she had waited too long to prosecute.
The embattled actor has come under fire in recent weeks after a slew of women, including former supermodels Beverly Johnson and Janice DICkinson, went public with allegations of indecent behaviour and sexual assault, and California resident Huth became the first to sue earlier this month (Dec14).
She also filed a police complaint amid claims Cosby got her drunk and then raped her during a party at the Playboy Mansion in Los Angeles in 1974, when she was just 15.
Cosby’s attorneys blasted the accusations and countersued, demanding the case be dismissed after insisting Huth is a liar who attempted to extort the star, and then raised the price for her silence as more women came forward with assault claims.
On Tuesday (16Dec14), Huth’s case was dealt a blow after the District Attorney rejected her case for criminal charges as the 40-year-old allegations fall outside the statute of limitations, which, at the time of the incident would have required her to file a complaint within a year, reports Tmz.com.
The civil suit is still ongoing.
The news emerges hours after model Chloe Goins added her name to the growing list of alleged victims, claiming she was drugged by Cosby after attending another party at the Playboy Mansion in 2008, when she was 18.
She told Britain’s Daily Mail the comedian gave her a drink and then “everything kind of went a little foggy”, and she awoke naked, in a bedroom, with the veteran star reportedly sucking her toes and masturbating. He is said to have run out of the room when she confronted him about his alleged actions.
Cosby’s representatives have yet to comment on Goins’ story, but the veteran’s wife and daughter recently spoke out to condemn the slew of accusations and voice their support for the funnyman, who has never been charged with any crime.